The Merrimack Conservation Commission welcomes you to Merrimack's Outdoors!
We are now getting into the Spring and Summer seasons and while it is always fun to get outside, you need to be diligent to protect yourselves from the different insects that want to get to know you well. For information on how to protect yourself from ticks and mosquitoes, you can find useful information from Consumer Reports and the Centers for Disease Control.
Enjoy the Properties but respect the land and your neighbors...
As you venture into our properties, please remember to:
- Follow the State's guidance on COVID-19 as it may apply.
- Respect and allow others to pass you on the trails.
- Respect someone who may seem reluctant to socialize.
- It is always okay to wear a mask.
- If the parking lot is full, please don't create parking places and simply come back another time. Creating "new" parking spaces creates maintenance issues, impedes the access of emergency vehicles, and lessens the beauty we are all trying to enjoy.
- Respect the neighbors of our properties and don't park them in, park on their land, block driveways or mailboxes, or leave trash behind.
- Lastly, don't over exert yourself or take a trail that might challenge your physical abilities.
Need a map for one of our major properties, we have them and they are all new and updated. The work was done by the GIS department at the Nashua Regional Planning Commission. Hardcopies of the maps are available at the trail kiosks curtesy of Papergraphics. To see them quickly, just click on the next links: HHNP, GW, WCF, Wasserman.
We are looking for pictures. We are expanding the gallery pages on our website and pictures from all of you enjoying our properties will make this fun for everyone who visits our website. Use the information on the bottom of the News page to send us (upload) your pictures. Its fast and easy!
If you ever want to see the business side of the Commission (agendas, minutes, etc.) please visit us on our Town webpage. This is where you will find our sub-committee business information as well.
Please take a moment and email us or use our “Stay in Touch” page to let us know what you think of our web site.
Note: This site was designed for us by Wetherbee Creative.
Choose a Property:
We are looking for new members of the Merrimack Conservation Commission. The commitment is simple and you don't have to have experience, just a desire to serve your Town and get involved with the Conservation's business. See the Town Volunteer webpage for more details. Thanks! You will feel rewarded. We have available spots on our sub-committees that help us with the oversight and management of the Horse Hill Nature Preserve, Grater Woods, and Wildcat Falls Conservation Area. Email us if you want to make a difference.